Bacalhau Assado no Forno | Baked Cod
Recipe type: Entree
Bacalhau Assado no Forno | Baked Cod is a Portuguese food recipe cooked with tomatoes, onions, potatoes and garlic.
- 4 salted codfish fillets (1/2 inch thick)
- 2-3 medium tomatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 kg small potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- After soaking the cod, remove from the water and dry well with a kitchen towel.
- Peel your onions and slice them into half moons, also peel the garlic and chop it up.
- Under hot water remove the tomatoes skins and slice them up.
- In a rectangular casserole dish, place in some of the olive oil and of the white wine.
- Spread the onions, garlic, sliced tomatoes, bay leaf and the potatoes. If you can’t find small potatoes, use normal ones and have them cut into quarters; you may also add more potatoes if you like.
- Now place the cod on top of everything, and drizzle the remaining wine and some olive oil over each fillet.
- Keep basting the cod with the remaining olive oil, so as not to dry out.
- Bake at 380C for about 1 hour or until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.