Frango com Arroz
Recipe type: Entree
Frango com Arroz is a Portuguese food recipe for chicken and rice.
- 1⁄2 chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 4 cups water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced fine
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- 1 cup rice, rinsed and drained
- In a heavy pot, place all ingredients except rice to gently stew covered.
- Simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, or until chicken is tender.
- Raise heat to bring stew to a boil. Add the rice and reduce heat to lowest.
- Simmer, covered, until rice is done, about 20–25 minutes, and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.