Recipe type: Entree
Vinho d’Alhos is a Portuguese food recipe for braised pork cubes.
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 tsp cumin powder
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 lbs lean, boneless pork, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- Mash salt, garlic, pepper, and cumin together in a bowl.
- Add water, vinegar, and sugar and mix together well.
- Add pork and mix until all meat is moistened.
- Cover and marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Just before cooking, remove and drain the pork; discard the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a heavy pot. Add the pork and gently braise on very low heat, turning meat constantly, for about 25 minutes. The pork will be golden brown and quite crisp.